Fish By Bowman

Monday, February 8, 2010

iGoogle

iGoogle iGoogle, i do, i do, i do, and so should you. And the Google Toolbar is... AWESOME.

I was having a technical problem... one of those afternoons spent online with Microsoft tech support in India - where it is HOT today, and by the way, India is one of the hottest climates in the world - and no, I didn't know that. But I don't mind talking to tech support in India, those people are smart. Not only can they work remotely on your computer, they can speak to you in English while they're doing it. Ask about your children. Now, really, I'm super nice to those folks, I can't begin to do what they do.

But in uninstalling a corrupt Silverlight file and reinstalling it, along the way I lost my Google toolbar, but the good thing is, I didn't loose it forever - I downloaded a new one, it's back and it's running and I'm thrilled to PIECES. And it seems to have saved my settings. Apparently I locked them in to my Google universal settings. (see far right on tool bar, little green ball with pull down - pull down and make your settings universal).

PCHell does not make for the most delightful day, but some unexpected things happened, as they often do, while I was searching for help. I found PCHell.com where I spent a good bit of the morning, in PC Hell, not necessarily at PCHell, if you know what I mean. PCHell has some super information like How to Keep Your Computer Up to Date and Ten Steps To Troublefree Computing and I can happily report some of these things I already do and while we all should, well... 'nuff said.

But I digress - the Google Toolbar is easy and fun, if you Blog, if you share items on Twitter, or Facebook, try it, you'll be glad you did.

And yes, it's too bad we don't have a tech support call center here in Rutherford County, but we don't exactly have a highly technically trained workforce here, now do we? See if anyone from Foothills Connect and ICC might hook up with my facebook friend, who runs call centers in India, maybe we can get something going. But I digress.

No comments: