Fish By Bowman

Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Shooting the Moon

Night Photography Lesson - Shooting the Moon I stumbled upon this fantastic website when I googled night photography. The other night I drove up Biggerstaff Mountain in the boo dark, dodging deer and unidentified green and yellow eyes on the road-side. I had a carload of revelers with me, coming home from Tracy's birthday party dinner at Tuscany, she, Mary, Angela and I were full of pasta and I had to be careful on the curves.

When we got to the top and parked the car in the middle of the road on Mountain Lookout, I fetched my Sony Cybershot from the back of the Explorer, set up and took a few pictures. Man it was beautiful, the valley was filled with soft moonlight, a few sparse lights twinkled in the valley, Lissenberry Mountain looked purplish and ethereal against the skyline. I shot several pictures and saw clouds scuttling across the sky, I waited, with the valley in the foreground, the mountain in the background, the full moon glowing in the night sky and clouds! It was the shot of a lifetime. Too bad I hadn't set my camera properly.

Next time I'll be prepared.

No comments: