Fish By Bowman

Saturday, January 22, 2011

Seth's Blog: The inevitable decline due to clutter

Subscribed to Set's Blog yet? Seth's Blog: The inevitable decline due to clutter In another short post Seth tackles the idea of clutter, in this case media clutter, where less really is more.

I'm going through my inbox this morning. I've been decluttering for nearly an hour and a half. That's because I've subscribed to too many interesting sites. I'm bombarded with information that actually deserves my attention, things I'm interested in, but Holy Cow, an hour and a half, every Saturday? This has got to stop.

1. No more going back to read articles, I think I might be interested in.

2. I will cancel some subscriptions and some group memberships.

3. This year, less is more.

Too much time is spent on activities like cleaning up my cluttered inbox. It's Saturday. If I didn't read and respond during the week -- it shall be deleted. If you sent me something and I didn't respond, I hope you understand. I really need to clean the bathroom, change the litter box, and run trash to the recycle center.

How much time do you spend decluttering your inbox?

No comments: